Friday, December 04, 2009

Travel notes to the Land of the Dragons…

I do not travel often but today sets a new history of sort. My flight was scheduled for 0935hrs so to make things easy, dropped by to the airport at 730am to check in. Met a few of my colleagues there, and proceeded to check-in our baggage.

Once we checked in, then as I thought of having breakfast, we were told that the flight will be delayed by two hours. So, extra time to have breakfast, I thought.  Little do I know that, it went past extra time all the way to overtime :)

So, at around 1030 I make my way to the international departures gate, and having some extra time (I thought), visited a few shops even if just to check the price difference. Once I got to my intended gate, the plane is not there yet. Huh? Luckily, in just a few minutes later a A330-300 taxied in. Phew…

It got me thinking, as the passengers are just disembarking, most probably it will take another half an hour to refuel, food, baggage, so basically we will only flying around 12noon or so. Rightly so, shortly after, an announcement that the flight will only be ready at 1205noon… Nasib baik I had a hearty breakfast just now.

Shortly before noon, we are called to board. Finally, I thought. I got a window seat (but, I lost my camera last two week so bummer). Get comfy in my seat but was suspicious when it took a long time for any announcements/safety video etc from the crew.  Hmmm..

After a good half an hour, then only we were told of some kind of technical problems, and in the worst case scenario, we might need to change planes. Huh? And surely enough, the doors were disarmed and we are told to go to another Gate for boarding. Alamak…

Another Gate it is then and we are now scheduled to fly at 1405, which I doubt will be on time this time around. Took my own sweet time to reach there, and after waiting some more, finally we board. After the usual apologies of the delay, off we took off and…as of now, I am flying over the South China Sea :)

No comments: