Sunday, December 21, 2008

It is so easy to make a living here

I just got down from the bus at one of the smaller town on my way back home when i decided to grab some food. Looked around and after walking to check out the choices that I have and proceeded to walk to a nearby shop (actually its the only shop open). As I make my way there suddenly a long haired guy with a backpack walked beside me and said...


'Abang, saya nak balik Alor Setar, tak cukup lagi RM2 aje. Abang boleh bagi dua ringgit?'  he asked.'Mana ada bas ke Alor Setar dari sini?' I retorted. 'Ada bang, pukul 1030 malam. Boleh la bang, nanti tak sempat nak beli tiket' he pleaded.


I told him that I don't have small change, but he was persistent. I was in no mood to argue more and I told him if he wants the two  dollars, he will have to wait for me finish eating. Menyusahkan orang aje la. Anyway, my hunger pangs get the best of me and I opted for bubur pulut hitam.


After my meal, I went out and sure enough the long haired guy walked towards me. I gave him the two bucks, grab his wrist and says, 'Kata nak beli tiket tadi, jom la kita pergi kaunter. Nanti tak sempat pulak'. He refused saying that he will buy it in a short while, to which I am still adamant of taking him to the ticket counter and getting him a ticket to wherever he wants to go. 


'Jangan la macam ni bang. Sebenarnya, saya nak makan, bang. Tapi malu nak minta duit nak makan', he said. WTF! Badan sihat, tapi malas nak kerja. Tahu minta duit saja. Tapi bila dikata sebagai masyarakat yang meminta-minta, cepat betul melenting. Tapi realitinya, ada juga segelintir ahli masyarakat yang dengan mudah menyalahkan orang lain, dari berusaha dengan tulang empat kerat mereka untuk mencari rezeki yang halal.


It is so-oo easy to make a living in Malaysia. If you do not feel like working, just ask for money. There are many generous Malaysians are willing to part with their hard earned money and give it to you.

1 comment:

Sheeta dari Laputa said...

Baguih abg sempt snap gambar dia!!!!

Wat malu kaum saja.