Thursday, November 13, 2008

And when you think that everything is dandy in the office...

A few days back I received an internal memo that informs me that I am to attend a contract extension/termination meeting with Admin and HR today. I was slotted in to come at 430pm. Hmm, I guess this is where HR will discuss with me on my colleagues contract whether it will be continued or, unfortunately terminated.


It should be a fairly straightforward affair as staffs evaluation forms has been completed and submitted a month back. And the time alloted, just 30mins, would mean that most probably its just to confirm rather than a full HR interview. Maybe, just maybe I could raise to them on my proposal to extend the contract of one of my staffs to two years rather than one. For the others, its the normal one year extension.


At 430pm as scheduled, I went into the meeting room and meet a committee of... three. Ceh. Only the Admin Director and two representative from HR. I was given a sheet on which it was written the condition that justifies a two year contract extension. And another form that summarises the staffs evaluation marks. The date they starts work etc. Nothing out of the ordinary there. Hey, what is that? One column caught my eye.


Number of days late to work from Jan-Sep 2008. And next to my name is the number..40. WHAT! That means I am late to work 40 times in the past nine month.


I am no angel, but I do think I do not came late that often. I need to recheck the attendance printout. Ceh! What else to do? I can only offer this with a straight face..

"Puan, maaf diatas apa yang berlaku. Saya akan berusaha untuk memperbaiki perkara ini, bukan hanya untuk diri saya malah akan juga memperingatkan rakan-rakan sekerja saya mengenainya..."


I really, really need to check those attendance sheet...

2 comments:

Sheeta dari Laputa said...

Abang....

40 kali ke? sungguh amat sukar dipercayai. Pi check balik.. Len kali jgn minta maaf apa yang belum pasti. Punch card maachine rosak kot?

Enche Bon said...

Meni,

Hahaha... itu ayat skema. I was deferring the fact that two of my new staffs pun ada yang lewat 10 times in 3 month...

If HR wanted to be very strict about it, dah lama dah kena surat warning, hahaha :) Btw, we dont use punch card, we use biometrics

Cheers,