Friday, January 26, 2007

One down, one more to go...

A few years back my mom planted a 'durian' tree within the compound of our house, if I was not mistaken its in 2002. Fast forward to last year, the tree unfortunately has grown too big for the compound. So my mum was contemplating to cut it down, but one of my aunt says that it wont be long before it bore fruit. Hmm, thats a thought, our own 'durian' tree...

Anyway, there's a few problem. Apparently the tree has branched into two main branch. So, to ensure the survival of the fittest, one branch has to go. Other than that, it has grown taller than the house and it'll be hard to maintain and trim (not to mention the possibility of lawsuit should a 'durian' falls on someone's head). So, who else to do all those things? Me, of course.

Promise to her late to do both things, err... since late last year, when I'm taking my long leave at the end of the year, remember? But, somehow it's not done. Its either, raining (really), or the saw is not sharp (or big) enough, no ladder.. the list go on and on. So, to make it short, nothing doing.

Last weekend, I took the opportunity to go back to my hometown and hehehe, the 'durian' tree is still there, mocking me. Well, not for long..

Late Sunday afternoon, took a machete, and climb up the tree and cut off the offending branch.
Whats left, is to cut the branches high at the top, and trim it down a bit to make it more manageable. It wont be long, 'durian' tree, it wont be THAT long...

No comments: