Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ten years on..

I was outstation for the weekends, and out of touch with TdF 2010. So, when I finally got home, straightaway sits in front of the TV and switched on the live telecast on 814.

I was surprised to learn that Lance Armstrong (one of my favorite rider) is more than 4 minutes down in the race, basically 3 minutes behind the peloton lead by Astana (and Contandor, of course) up Morzine. As the camera zooms to the Radioshack team leader, I have a feeling he might have had a (if not a few) crash judging from the tear on his jersey.

The four men Astana train chugged up Morzine, with Contandor intent on putting time between him and Armstrong, not unlike what he and his Discovery Channel team did to their rivals 10 years ago. In the last 700m, Andy Schleck sprinted folowed only by Sanchez, not even Contandor.

Armstrong ended up more than 13 minutes down the GC after Stage 8. It is the passing of the guard, as the vibes, 'Armstrong Dropped' echoes throughout TdF 2010 up Morzine.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device via Vodafone-Celcom Mobile.

No comments: