Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Our fragile life…

I received the news late yesterday evening. Pak Tam passed away at office yesterday. He suddenly lost consciousness at work, and rushed to the hospital, where he is pronounced dead.

I visited Tok Haji last night, and he looks devastated, even if he tries to hide it. Nothing prepares the parents for the unenviable task to bade their children goodbye. As I was talking to him, Tok Haji quipped, ‘We thought that we are going away first, not the other way round…’

Relatives and friends came in droves. The ‘jemaah’ came over to say prayers. Pak Tam was only a few years older than me. He does not seems like having any medical conditions but, I might never know. He left a young family and a good career. Such is our fragile life.

Rest in peace, Pak Tam.

No comments: