Thursday, April 02, 2009

As good as it gets...

We are in basically in control of what we do (well, that is to a certain extent), so the excuse for not being riding for almost two month could never be attributed to the weather (it has been raining a lot of late) or travel (I have been heavily traveling these past few month) or work (it never ends, right?)

Basically, I was just felt a bit 'malas', and all the other reasons, somehow conveniently fits in. Once you started, its hard to stop and likewise, once you stopped, it is much harder to starts again. One week became two, then without the slightest notice, became a month and before you know it, you have not been training for two month. At least thats for me.

So, as we basically in control of what we do, it is unfair to blame the weather, frequent travel or long hours at work for our non exercising period. As it became harder and harder to ride at night (as it rains on most nights), I decided to shift my riding time to... right after work. And it starts yesterday. After finishing some loose ends, I reached Putrajaya at around 630pm, and proceeded to KTP where I unload my bike.

Starts my ride shortly after and decided to ride the big roundabout and maybe a climb to Shangri-La. Starts slowly (after all, I havent been riding for quite a long time) and to have a feel of my body, just to gauge the reaction. Felt good, even if I am a bit dehydrated to starts with, and by the time my one hour ride ends, I have circled the roundabout a few times and climbed up Shangri-La, twice, from both ends. HR? In the region of 180, and felt not too bad.

If you can't go for long rides, at least squeeze in some rides, even if its just for an hour. I am having runny nose today, which maybe is a sign my body needs some TLC...

Just like they say, "Carpe Diem"...

1 comment:

Paus Biru said...

Bro, most hotels have pools. Make use of it! All you have to pack are your swimming trunks. Simple, right?