Thursday, January 22, 2009

The not so LEKAS weekend...

Opting to rest rather than riding the night before in hindsight, allows the body to rest a bit and mentally makes you hungry for another ride to make up for the lost opportunity. The actual truth is, fear of being the last one in the peloton is a great motivating factor, hehehe.


After Perez, there are talks of going fast on LEKAS, the newly opened highway. But as I wont be able to join those speed demons on the windy highway, I decided (albeit quite late, sebab bangun pun lambat) to clock in some kilometers on Saturday and some more (if I am up to it) on the day after.


Starts riding at 9am and thinking of doing a KLIA loop (as if la), but then changed my mind once I reached the roundabout after the airport mosque and cycled towards F1 instead. Felt good (other than the searing heat) and actually contemplating of going to Sg Pelek, but good sense prevailed and decided on KLIA instead (so fickle minded, eh?)


As fate would have it, as I was reaching the entrance of F1, "POP!" and I suffered a puncture. Ceh, aku tak bawak plak spare tube. Thought of calling my brother to rescue me, but he went to the factory today. Luckily, I did chucked in the patch kit into the bike bag, and preceded to repair my tube. Tube baru plak tu :( Nak kena pi cari tiub baru la pulak...


Decided to cut the ride short, and head to my car, but not without riding around Nilai. Total distance : 48km. A good distance for a guilt ride, hehe. The next day, when the rest of the crew did LEKAS, I do a SLOW (get it? haha) one hour recovery ride (kononnya la) around my place. Staple of my ride: Lots of spinning and try to keep my HR averaging 140 and below. Total distance : 24km. Total distance this week : 110km. Not too bad a week, if I say so myself... 


"sometime you have to go slow to be fast" (ni kira ayat pujuk diri sendiri la ni)


No comments: