Wednesday, November 12, 2008

And with every beat of the heart...

I have a few of these Polar chest transmitter. And I only have one chest. Well, as it came together with the Polar HRM or some GPS units, when the respective units has reached the end of their life (like the Polar watch that drowned in Langkawi or the GPS that drowned in PD), I am left with all these chest transmitter.


So, if I am serious enough with my training, I do need a new HRM or heart rate monitor. It will allow me to gauge my physiological stress (at least my heart stress) and tells me to back off if needed. Dont want to start off to hard too soon, and be sidelined in the process. Tried the Garmin Forerunner GPS but, it seems that the receiver having problem to pick up the transmitter signal. Maybe its the battery? Perhaps...


So as I was looking around and with my current cycling need (and the lack of money) its probable that I will settle for the Polar CS100b model. Can't afford those higher specced cycling specific models yet. The CS100b come without a chest transmitter (that I DO have lying around) which makes it much cheaper. And the price is not too bad, just it'll make me RM300 poorer. Except, I can't upload my training data. Bummer!

Maybe I'll just wait for the Mega Sale and buy another model at a heavy discount. Or, can try and hint to wife to get a cycling specific Polar for my birthday, that is coming soon. Or maybe I just have to wait and earn some extra money, then buy a higher specced Polar? Hmmm...

No comments: