Thursday, October 23, 2008

I do or do I?

I met a former acquaintance of mine a couple of evening back. We use to work in the same agency, but then he continued his studies and after graduation, he was transferred to the administration arm of the government. Now he is in the parent agency, so we actually seldom met.

Exchanging pleasantries, we catch up on sports matter. Then it takes a slight turn, as he asks me about some personal matter. His wife is a colleague of mine, although not in the same division. Nope, just before you get to conclusions, I am not seeing his wife. But, he is asking me whether I had heard any/some/whatever news of the rumored relationship between his wife and a certain someone.

I told him as best as a friend could, that I do not hear anything on the matter (which is true, as I do think I would be the last person on the rumour trail) and suggested to him that at times, some matters are taken out of context and blown out of proportion especially if its the juicy and seemingly scandalous kind. He also admitted that their relationship has been rocked lately, especially with the rumours running around.

I could only advise him to work on the marriage should they have any problem. Look for kinks in the relationship, and discuss on matters especially something as important as this. Give the benefit of doubt to his wife and be fair to her, as one if innocent until proven guilty. If the marriage take the worst turn, I worry for their kid. The children is the real victim in these situation.

"to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and health, til death do us part..."  a sacred vow

No comments: