Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Letter to my Senior Vice President


Senior Vice President
Company Name
Company Address

Dear Sir,

NOTICE OF RESIGNATION FROM MY CURRENT POST (RETRACTION OF MY RETRACTION OF MY EARLIER RESIGNATION LETTER)

With reference to the above.

I would like to thank you for the opportunity in meeting you last week to further discuss my future in the company. I would also like to thank you for your 'generous offer' in response to my earlier resignation letter.

As much as I'm honored by the counter-offer, a statement during our meeting urges me to rethink my position. In my humble opinion, one person might be wrong, two person might make the same mistake, but its highly unlikely that 7 people could make a judgement error in believing in my potential.

To work under someone who does not believe in your ability, is non-conducive at best. To be able to give one's best, I do believe the whole system should be supportive rather than stifling. But then again, I realize that I'm just a small fry in a big ocean, and the system does not  necessarily bend to one small fry wishful thinking.

Last but not least, I would also like to take this opportunity to thank the company for giving me the chance to grow as a better person, personally and most important, professionally in this field.

Yours sincerely,

Soon to be ex-staff

1 comment:

Sheeta dari Laputa said...

Abang...

Terharu dengan surat di sini... Adeh. Menikam lubuk Qalbu. Meni dah duduk discuss dengan Abah and my Bro In Law. All agree that Me to Stay with current company. May it be some difficulties but.. Abah kata cam abang kata...

"Tak naik Kude pun...."(tak berkudis pon..)

ehehee... Abah pesan, bukan sekali ini, nanti-nanti kalau rasa ditindas dengan lebih teruk, baru buat langkahan yang lebih besar.

Hmm.. logik jugak... so, I decide to take the advice from them.

Thanks abang... meni nak kopipen surat yang best ni...