Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Training beckons...

I had promised myself to train for The Battle up North and The Southern War as soon as possible. I'm not trying to find excuses but it seems like any effort to train for those two events had inadvertedly been thwarted by a steady flow of work this past few days. Last week, I was out of town for a field trip and while hoping to log in a few measly miles in-between, the truth is... I was feasting (and relaxing) all week long. The situation was not helped by the abundance of durians, mangosteen, pineapple and watermelons AND the relatively cheap food...hehehe :)

I'm supposed to test the newly refurbished treadmill today (and give UAkrab the benefit of a doubt) but a colleague asks for a favour during lunch hour. How could I say NO, right? So in the end, the 'testing' cum training would have to be postponed til tomorrow. It sure is hard to start a training regime, but I'm pretty sure once its on its way, there's no turning back. Have to give The Competitor a run for his money. He's been avoiding me lately. Maybe he has been putting some meters in...

Hmm... where did I put that gym card of mine?... I'll put in my workout soon!

No comments: