Monday, June 20, 2005

Its Been A Long, Long Time

Today had started very early. I'm already up by 4.45am. Still feeling the aftermath of yesterday's race. Dehydrated with a little bit of frustration. Can't really sleep. It's funny, though, how'd you feel invincible when you're winning but really, really tired when you're soundly defeated. Some of my crew are taking it quite bad. So its kinda ironic when they ask me, how'd I'm able to take it ever so calmly...

"Its easy if you put it into perspective... True, I have never been defeated at this level. But on the other hand, at the highest level, internationally, I have had my fair share of disappointment..." I replied. "Its all parts and parcel of the game. Its how you bounce back that's most important "

Sigh. Defeat still hurts, however you tried to put it into perspective. Nonetheless, maybe I had not been preparing as well as I should have. But even in my state of unreadiness, my crew are worse. But then, thats another story. It is often said, we will only get what we are willing to work for, so even if I'm willing to work my ass-off for the race, apparently it is not the same with my crew. They are still... 'dreaming' of their past achievements. Nothing come easy these days...

For me, at this exact moment, I'm just a bit tired. I should be OK in a few days time...

No comments: