Friday, January 02, 2009

The highly corroded ring

When I was doing spring cleaning (there is no spring season here) for my house, somehow I came across this old ring. It bring back old memories I guess. This ring actually come in a pair and this highly corroded ring is bought in Indonesia more than eleven years back.


It was my first trip overseas on my own and I am fortunate enough to be able to save some money to go. My then girlfriend, lets call her MA, was also on that trip. Nope, we are going in a big group and not just the two of us. We do have lots of chaperone I say for that trip, hehehe. 


Anyway, the story goes that we are at the airport waiting for our flight back home after a fortnight in Indonesia and I have about 100K in rupiah that I know after conversion rate would not be much back in KL, so decided to buy something. As  I am scouring the airport to look for things cheap enough to by I stumbled upon this nice, cheap pair of ring.


After some haggling, the ring is mine and what else, the other pair is for MA. Hmm, I wonder what happened to 'that' ring? As for my ring, I guess I'll put it in together with all those letters me and MA wrote each other that I still kept. That my friends, would be another story...


No comments: