Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The bastion of nationalisme

Went to UPSI yesterday for an official business. Moved out from office at around noon, grab some lunch and off we go. Called Ayrie to check with him on the best route there from the Administration Capital, Pjaya. He suggested Guthrie, which is OK with me as I wanted to avoid downtown.


In trying to get myself to Guthrie, I do think I might have missed a turn/exit/traffic light and somehow got me to SAlam. Not panicking (even if I have to be there in about 1 hr) took some familiar route and managed to get myself on the right track, towards Guthrie. Phew!!


I was wondering why Guthrie was underutilized, which would explain itself in the next few toll booth. To get to the main expressway, I would need to go through four toll booth, and not too far away in distance. Aiyoh! That explains it, but the drive was good and in no time we got to E1.


Well, I manage to be in UPSI at 3pm. Tried to call Ayrie, but apparently he's on his way to Tapah, an emergency beckons. Then I call DrOng, but somehow could not get him on either the mobile or in the office. Anyway, one thing I like about UPSI is its a bike friendly campus. I could see lots of students biking around. That could only mean, there should be some good bike shop around. Hmm, might need to look for it later.


UPSI is also steep in tradition. It use to be known as SITC, the first local teachers training college making it the highest institution of learning exclusively for the Malays. SITC also is the alma mater for many of the nations literary great, such as Za'ba, educationist and regarded as the birthplace of nationalism. Below is the Za'ba house in UPSI.


Tanjong Malim are well known for its 'pau'. Or Chinese-styled steamed dumpling. One of the more famous shop is "Yik Mun", located at the main junction although some of the locals prefer the dumpling shop near Telekom. Not that I have the opportunity to savor them on this trip, maybe next time.


Anyway, managed to talk to Ayrie about The Project. He proposed we came over sometime soon to discuss. Maybe, we'll do just that. Right Aboy, Kell, Sere and Pet?



3 comments:

Another blog by AAJ said...

I like Tg malim! I used to live there, not there really, near there. 10 km from there via highway. A place called Lembah Beringin...hehehe dont want to stay there anymore huh. But the cycling route is good. Kolej UEM is a nice place, very good for students. But not me....
Tapi Yik Mun punya pau memang sedap...dulu waktu zaman superbike, akulah yang selalu dok ketuk pintu umah kengkawan pagi-pagi ahad, ajak diorang pg Tangjung malim pekena pau. Just another history.....

Enche Bon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Enche Bon said...

Hehehehe...

I am VERY sure memang banyak history tu, kan? kan? kan? Amacam Coach? Takkan Scott lagi? Kat dalam http://bicyclebuysell.com kan banyak item2 yang menarik? Road bike banyak tuh...

Ingat lagi masa ada sorang tu duduk tempat Jin bertendang yang dikenali sebagai Lembah Beringin. Tapi entahkan orang tu yang jadi 'Jin'nya, hahaha.. Siap ajak kawan2 datang lepak2 lagi, punya la mati kutu...

Cheers :)