Sunday, April 06, 2008

Usually, once the warranty is over...

My Polar had a tendency to 'hang' at the most unfortunate moments.


The last time it 'hangs', I need to take it back to MV, to get it returned to its service centre. To my surprise, the salesperson asks me to send it in myself, which I am a bit reluctant to do as the HRM is still under warranty period (actually, I do not have any idea where the service centre is located)


So I insist they (the shop) to send it in, to which he explain that it may take up to 3 weeks to be returned. I do not have any problem with that, and I arranged for him to call me once its ready. True enough, 3 weeks later, the sales rep called me and informs me that my Polar HRM is ready.


Then it happen. Again yesterday, as I was on my weekend ride, my Polar 'hangs'. Tried pushing all the buttons, to no avail. Do I need to send it in again? Hmm... where do I put the Polar box and receipt? "Sure kena charge punya la ni...", as I'm quite sure that the warranty period has lapsed. Hmm, what to do?


Later last night, I took the HRM, look at it and decided to do a bit of troubleshooting. Looked for my precision screwdriver set and proceeded to open the back of that HRM. Took the LCD out, take out and reinserted the battery, push a few buttons, and lo and behold, it resets... yahoo!


My Polar F6 HRM is now alive and kicking.

No comments: